Moisture and organic material attract gnats. Some species prefer the soil of houseplants, while others seek out decomposing food debris in garbage disposals or on damaged and over-ripe fruit. Any wetness or unsanitary habits could draw them indoors and once inside, gnats are able to take advantage of conditions that are favorable for continuous development and reproduction.
Gnats are a nuisance since they do not cause major damage to homes. However, gnats may threaten human health should they transport pathogens from their unsanitary development sites.
USE MOSQUITONIX AS A HANDHELD AEROSOL
Apply at a rate of 1 to 3 seconds per 10m2. Close all windows and doors. Direct aerosol upward and disperse in all locations. Keep area closed for 15 minutes. Thoroughly ventilate treated areas before reoccupying.
General precautions and restrictions
- Remove pets, birds, and cover fish aquariums before spraying.
- Do not apply when people, pets or food are present.
- Do not spray on public, painted or varnished surfaces or directly into any electronic equipment such as radios, televisions, computers etc.
- Do not allow adults, children, or pets to enter until sprays have dried and spray mist has dispersed.
- In hospitals and nursing rooms : ventilate rooms thoroughly for 2 hours after spraying and before reoccupying.
- Food areas and food handling establishments : do not make space spray applications when facility is in operation. During space spray applications, cover or remove food, cover food processing surfaces or clean after treatment with a suitable detergent and rise with potable water before resuming operations.