Grain mites are pests that can feed on a variety of processed or finely ground grains, wheat germ, yeast, cheese, powdered milk, flour, or mold spores. Under hot, humid conditions, very large populations of these tiny creatures can develop rapidly. Female grain mites lay up to 800 eggs on the surface of food materials.
When present in large numbers, the flour or grain mites promote sweating and impart a disagreable odor to the grain. Grain mites can cause “grocer’s itch” in humans exposed to the mites. Some persons may be allergic to mites.
USE MOSQUITONIX AS A HANDHELD AEROSOL
Apply at a rate of 20 seconds per 10m2. Also apply around cartons and containers, where these insects tend to congregate. Contact as many insects as possible. Repeat treatment weekly or as insects appear. Infested stored products should be fumigated or treated by other effective methods using an approved product intended for this purpose.
Crack, crevice, and void space treatment
Apply into cracks and crevices of pantries, cabinets, food processing and handling equipment, and other places where insects harbor.
General precautions and restrictions
- Remove pets, birds, and cover fish aquariums before spraying.
- Do not apply when people, pets or food are present.
- Do not spray on public, painted or varnished surfaces or directly into any electronic equipment such as radios, televisions, computers etc.
- Do not allow adults, children, or pets to enter until sprays have dried and spray mist has dispersed.
- In hospitals and nursing rooms : ventilate rooms thoroughly for 2 hours after spraying and before reoccupying.
- Food areas and food handling establishments : do not make space spray applications when facility is in operation. During space spray applications, cover or remove food, cover food processing surfaces or clean after treatment with a suitable detergent and rise with potable water before resuming operations.