Horn flies are one of the most serious cattle (bétail : bovin) pests.
Since both male and female horn flies are blood feeders, they cause pain, annoyance and interfere with feeding, resting and other normal livestock activities, causing weight loss, reduced milk production, poor quality leather.
Horn flies collect on cattle, often gathering on the back and sides of the animal. As the name implies, the flies sometimes congregate around the base of the horns. During hot and sunny weather, they may move downward onto the animal’s belly.
Horn flies are vectors of several disease-causing pathogens including filarial nematodes that cause stephanofilariasis, a dermatitis characterized by areas of crusted skin on the underside of cattle and bacterial infection in open wounds caused by horn fly bites.
USE MOSQUITONIX AS A HANDHELD AEROSOL
Apply as a space treatment at a rate of 1 to 3 seconds per 10m2. Close all windows and doors. Direct aerosol upward and disperse in all locations. Keep area closed for 15 minutes. Thoroughly ventilate treated areas before reoccupying.
General precautions and restrictions
- Remove pets, birds, and cover fish aquariums before spraying.
- Do not apply when people, pets or food are present.
- Do not spray on public, painted or varnished surfaces or directly into any electronic equipment such as radios, televisions, computers etc.
- Do not allow adults, children, or pets to enter until sprays have dried and spray mist has dispersed.
- In hospitals and nursing rooms : ventilate rooms thoroughly for 2 hours after spraying and before reoccupying.
- Food areas and food handling establishments : do not make space spray applications when facility is in operation. During space spray applications, cover or remove food, cover food processing surfaces or clean after treatment with a suitable detergent and rise with potable water before resuming operations.