MosquitoNix Skeeter Defeater is a simple, efficient and convenient way to eliminate mosquitoes and all ther other pest insects from your environment. It consists in a portable spraying system and a botanical insecticide.
And since mosquitoes normally don’t come out until the sun is either coming or going, the DUSK/DAWN sensor releases the
insecticide at the perfect times every day to help reduce the mosquito population in your yard.. No timers to set; no buttons to push. Just set it up in your selected area and let it go to work.
Moreover, by spraying consistently, on a daily basis at dusk and dawn, it eliminates the population of adult mosquitoes in your environment.
Less adults mean less eggs being laid. The best part? You just turn it on and let the Mosquito Nix Skeeter Defeater products do the rest of the work.
The CRU (Cylinder Refill Unit) is made to be used in the Dispenser and can also be used as a standalone aerosol at home to protect you and your family. Learn more about the CRU here.
The Skeeter Defeater® Dispenser only works when used with the Skeeter Defeater Cylinder Refill Unit (CRU). The CRU provides the spray for your Skeeter Defeater, using a botanical insecticide known as pyrethrin.
Key facts about Pyrethrin:
- It’s derived from chrysanthemum daisies
- It’s long been used to fight mosquitoes and many other pest insects.
- It’s botanical, and will not accumulate in the environment (depending on sunlight, it normally burns off within two hours). Don’t be fooled – there are synthetic forms of this extract in other products (pyrethroids, permethrin) that will accumulate in the environment.
- It works, killing mosquitoes on contact.
- Because it’s botanical, mosquitoes almost never build up a tolerance (unlike some synthetic versions).
- Pyrethrin Botanical Insecticide
- Combining an effective insecticide like pyrethrin with the unique, patent-pending delivery system of MosquitoNix Skeeter Defeater is what makes this product so clever.
Each Cylinder Refill Unit (CRU) contains enough insecticide for 66 sprays. In other words, if you spray at dusk and dawn, each CRU contains 33 days worth of insecticide to kill mosquitoes. Learn more about the CRU here.
Understanding the Cylinder Refill Unit (CRU) and Indicator Light
Understanding the CRU
Replacing the CRU
The Spray Sequence
When you initiate the spray sequence (either via Remote Control or DUSK/DAWN Sensor), the Indicator Light will blink increasingly faster for six seconds. The Nozzle will then spray the insecticide from the Dispenser for four seconds, and the Indicator Light will remain lit during this time. You will see the spray in the air for a short period before it disappears from site. Rest assured that the pyrethrin insecticide is still working and spreading throughout the area (even behind the Dispenser) up to 30 square meters even though you can’t see it.