Retail is one of the most critical environments when it comes to consumer safety as it is the last step before the goods reach the consumer.
Similar to other commercial entities, an infestation in a retail store can jeopardize the brand’s reputation among current and prospective clientele. Moreover pests can damage stock and display items, and expose employees and customers to health implications.
Retail facilities are often subject to insect pest infestations, especially ants, cockroaches, flies, stored product insects, which can certainly put a damper on an enjoyable shopping experience. There are many factors that can lead to an exacerbated pest problem, including frequently opened doors, messy storage areas and a constant flow of foot traffic.
- Flies have been found to carry over 100 human pathogens, including Salmonella, parasitic worms and fungi. They feed on faecal matter, garbage, rotting materials, as well as stored food products. They move between contaminated food sources and clean areas, carrying filth on their bodies as well as pathogenic microorganisms they have ingested.
They can contaminate fresh foods prepared and on display in grocery stores and supermarkets.
Areas around stores, especially waste storage and drains, can provide an attractive array of suitable conditions for flies, if hygienic practices are not adequate.
- Cockroaches are the most common crawling insect that infest facilities. They live in cracks and crevices in floors, ceilings, or walls. Their population can grow very fast in voids and spaces, and they will make sure that they are near their food and water sources. These pests are extremely active when the area becomes quiet and offline.
They carry multiple diseases and allergens and can contaminate food, packagings and stored products through their feeding habits and their excretions (they defecate along their pathways and frequently expel saliva on surfaces to ‘taste’ their environment).
- Stored product pests (moths, weevils, and beetles such as sawtoothed, confused flour or drugstore beetles), can infest food ingredients or food products : cereal products, seeds, nuts, dried fruit, spices, powdered milk, tea and preserved meats.
They can also enter packaging made of paper, cardboard, plastic, cellophane and foil.
The entrance holes of some insects are smaller than can be seen by the human eye. For example, the larva of the Indian meal moth, therefore packaging without visible damage may harbour insect pests inside.
Stored product insects can contaminate large quantities of food through physical damage, and the introduction of microorganisms that cause further degradation, making food unfit or unacceptable for human consumption.
- Ants are considered more as a nuisance pests. However, an ant infestation may result in an economic loss due to food contamination, and reputational damage.
Click on any insect for more details about the damage it may cause, and how to use MosquitoNix Skeeter Defeater in order to get rid of it.
- Kills all pest insects on contact
- Protect against any further insect infestation
- Immediate results
- Botanical insecticide approved by the EPA
- Convenient : spray on demand using the remote
- Covers up to 30 square meters!
YOUR SATISFACTION IS OUR PRIORITY
- Product made in Canada
- 1-Year Product Warranty
- 30-day money back garantee